Cigna Rehab Insurance For Addiction Treatment
- 1 Cigna Rehab Insurance For Addiction Treatment
- 2 What Is Cigna Rehab Insurance?
- 3 Cigna Rehab Insurance Resources
- 4 Cigna Policy Coverage For Substance Abuse
- 5 Cigna Rehab Insurance Coverage For Inpatient Treatment
What Is Cigna Rehab Insurance?
A global health organization, Cigna Rehab Insurance has more than 86 million customer relationships around the world. Along with its mission to provide affordable healthcare for basic needs, the company helps its members with addiction treatment.
Although coverage varies depending on your individual plan, recovery services may consist of:
Cigna Rehab Insurance Resources
To better support for those who face drug or alcohol addiction, Cigna Insurance started a Behavioral Health division. In addition to providing articles, tools, and podcasts for individuals and family members, the division now includes an education series. Cigna’s free education series provides information on the physical, mental, and emotional signs of addiction. Each lesson offers advice for those in recovery, as well as their family members.
While these seminars provide information on addiction and substance abuse, they are not intended to replace the care of a doctor. You should always consult with a medical professional about the appropriate treatment for your condition.
Cigna Policy Coverage For Substance Abuse
Depending on your Cigna Insurance plan, your benefits and coverage will vary. For instance, Cigna’s lowest plan – bronze – offers lower premiums, but individuals may face higher deductibles and out-of-pocket expenses. But for those with gold or platinum plans, you receive more comprehensive coverage with lower deductibles.
In regards to substance abuse treatment, the services insurance covers and the expenses you will be responsible for depending greatly on the type of plan and the state you reside in. Contact your health insurance provider to review your policy and determine the types of treatment services that are covered by your plan.
Do Treatment Centers Need To Be In-Network?
While not all Cigna Rehab Insurance plans require your treatment center to be in-network, it’s important to note that using an out-of-network provider usually increases your out-of-pocket expenses.
Some plans may not cover any out-of-network services, leaving you with the entire bill. However, other plans will cover certain portions after a deductible or coinsurance has been met.
Many out-of-network treatment options require a pre-certification. This involves Cigna Insurance reviewing the request against nationally recognized guidelines.
In cases that require a pre-certification, Cigna will determine what services are covered based on your plan. Refer to your policy or call the number on the back of your insurance card to find out what treatment options are available to you.
Cigna Rehab Insurance Coverage For Inpatient Treatment
Inpatient substance abuse treatment programs that Cigna may cover include:
- Acute Inpatient Substance and Drug Detoxification.
- Inpatient Treatment for Substance and Drug Disorders.
- Partial Hospitalization for Substance and Drug Disorders.
Inpatient Rehab Service And Costs
Insurance coverage and out-of-pocket expenses may fluctuate depending on your specific plan and where you’re located. Here are several estimates for inpatient rehab costs broke down by plans.
Inpatient Rehab Coverage Estimates
- Bronze plans: Typically have 0% coinsurance for in-network providers which means Cigna will pick up the costs after you pay your plan’s deductible in full. For out-of-network services, some plans will help cover costs while others may not.
- Silver plans: In-network programs coinsurance usually falls between 30 to 50 percent after the deductible is met. Out-of-network services may or not be covered, depending on the state you reside in.
- Gold plans: Coinsurance for in-network plans can range from 20 to 50 percent after the deductible. Similar to the other plans, out-of-network providers may or may not be covered depending on the state in which the policy was issued.
- Platinum plans: 10 to 30 percent coinsurance after meeting the plan’s deductible. Some plans may cover out-of-network programs at a higher coinsurance percentage.