Uplifting Drug Addiction Quotes
Our 101 drug addiction recovery quotes, alcohol recovery quotes, and 365 Inspirational Quotes for Addiction Recovery are meant to help you and your family renew your commitment to a drug- and alcohol-free lifestyle and inspire you to live your life to its fullest. So whether you’re hoping to inspire your recovery journey or show your support to a loved one, we hope the following quotes about addiction recovery are heartwarming and celebratory.
Quotes about Drug Addiction to Live By
“There is no shame in beginning again, for you get a chance to build bigger and better than before.“
“When your heart is breaking for someone who is broken, but your words can’t reach them, ask the angels to go where you cannot. To whisper into their heart that their ears can’t hear: “We will not give up on you. Don’t give up on yourself.”
“Recovery is not a race. You don’t have to feel guilty if it takes you longer than you thought it would.“
Inspiring Quotes on Drug Addiction & Recovery
Top 5 Addiction Quotes
Use these addiction quotes for recovery addicts in improving their mindset.
- “Addiction begins with the hope that something ‘out there can instantly fill up the emptiness inside.” – Jean Kilbourne
- “The opposite of addiction is not sobriety, but rather connect with others.” – Johann Hari
- “Addiction is a lot like looking for love in all the wrong places.” – Sinclair Lewis
- “Addiction is a disease, but it’s the only one you can get yelled at for having.” – Mitch Hedberg
- “The call of addiction is often irresistible because it offers immediate gratification in place of long-term fulfillment.” – Deepak Chopra
101 Drug Addiction Family Quotes
Drug abuse can happen to anyone, even in communities filled with loving people. Unfortunately, when a drug addiction develops, friends and family are often directly affected. That’s why, in addition to taking steps to help get your loved one into drug rehab, family members and friends must understand how addiction works and how to continue to take care of their health. Continue for more quotes about addiction recovery triumph.
- 101 drug addiction quotes to help you on the way to recovery
- Alcohol Recovery Quotes, 50 Positive Quotes to Help You On Your Way To Sobriety
- Depression And Anxiety Quotes, 101 Positive Quotes to Help You With The Struggle
- What happens when you give up alcohol? Short and Long-Term Benefits, Alcohol Abuse, Withdrawal, Detox & Treatment
- How To Help a Friend With Depression? Understanding, Expectations, Boundaries, Support & Finding Treatment
Top 10 Quotes about Addiction Recovery
- “Addiction is a monster; it lives inside, and sometimes it wins.” – Unknown
- “We are all addicted in some way. When we learn to identify our addiction, embrace our brokenness, and surrender to God, we begin to bring healing to ourselves and others.” – Richard Rohr
- “Addiction is a family disease. One person may use, but the whole family suffers.” – Unknown
- “Addiction is a process that starts with pain and ends with pain.” – Unknown
- “Addiction is like a thief. It takes away your health, your family, your career, and ultimately your life.” – Unknown
- “Addiction is a lonely place, but the path to recovery is filled with support and hope.” – Unknown
- “Addiction is not a choice, but recovery is.” – Unknown
- “The chains of addiction are too weak to notice until they are too strong to break.” – Unknown
- “Addiction is not a weakness; it’s a medical condition that requires treatment and support.” – Unknown
- “Recovery is hard, but not recovering is harder.” – Unknown
Original Drug Addict Quotes
“Addiction: the disease that makes you too selfish to see the havoc you created or care about the people whose lives you have shattered.“
“You don’t get over an addiction by stopping using. You recover by creating a new life where it is easier not to use. If you don’t create a new life, then all the factors that brought you to your addiction will catch up with you again“
“The worst part about anything self-destructive is that it’s so intimate. You become so close with your addictions and illnesses that leaving them behind is like killing the part of yourself that taught you how to survive.“
Get Your Life Back
Find Hope & Recovery. Get Safe Comfortable Detox, Addiction Rehab & Dual Diagnosis High-Quality Care.Hotline (855) 695-1160
101 Drug Addiction Quotes continued
Loving a drug addict is one of the most challenging things that can happen to most people. Whether you’re in a romantic relationship with a person addicted to drugs or your child, parent, or someone you’re close to, it’s difficult to continue loving someone with an addiction to drugs or alcohol. Ready to read some powerful addiction recovery quotes? Continue below for quotes about addiction recovery.
“Difficult relationships come into our lives for a reason. No one would choose them, certainly. But if we let them, they can teach us how to be flexible with others and more forgiving.” – Joan Bauer addiction quotes
“Some birds are not meant to be caged, that’s all. Their feathers are too bright, their songs too sweet and wild. So, you let them go, or when you open the cage to feed them, they somehow fly out past you. And the part of you that knows it was wrong to imprison them in the first place rejoices, but still, the place where you live is that much more drab and empty for their departure.” – Stephen King addiction quotes
” When you resent another, you are bound to that person or condition by an emotional link stronger than steel. Forgiveness is the only way to dissolve that link and get free. ” – Catherine Ponder addiction quotes
Loving a Drug Addict Quotes
Below is a collection of heartfelt quotes about addiction that may be relevant for someone who has been in love or is in a relationship with someone with drug addiction issues. Whether your choice is to hold on, to let go, or to detach with love… there might be perfect quotes about addiction here that could speak to you.
“A real relationship is like a river; the deeper it gets, the less noise it makes.” – Tony Gaskins addiction quotes
“Ask anyone who has been in a love relationship for a while: nothing is perfect.” – Tracy McMillan addiction quotes
Another Drug Addict Quote
“The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals.” – Nicholas Sparks addiction quotes
” Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don’t. ” – Steve Maraboli addiction quotes
” I can’t promise that in our relationship you won’t face any problems, but I surely can promise that you won’t face them alone! ” – Rose Hathway addiction quotes
“We are told that people stay in love because of chemistry, or because they remain intrigued with each other, because of many kindnesses, because of luck. But part of it has got to be forgiveness and gratefulness.” – Ellen Goodman addiction quotes
Get Help. Get Better. Get Your Life Back.
Searching for an Accredited Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers in Near You?
Even if you have failed previously and relapsed, or are in the middle of a difficult crisis, we stand ready to support you. Our trusted behavioral health specialists will not give up on you. When you feel ready or just want someone to speak to about therapy alternatives to change your life call us. Even if we cannot assist you, we will lead you to wherever you can get support. There is no obligation. Call our hotline today.FREE Addiction Hotline – Call 24/7
Another Family Quote About Drug Addiction
101 Drug Addiction Quotes for Recovery Continued
Drug addiction recovery quotes can save someone from going down the relapse road. Drug addiction recovery quotes, and sayings reinforce your focus on recovery. They ignite a desire to improve and promote the will to stay strong. Reading and digesting inspirational drug addiction quotes increases your chances of staying on track. Their short but compelling message is why they are passed on for generations.
“It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
“I’m not telling you it is going to be easy; I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.” – Art Williams addiction quotes
“Recovery is an acceptance that your life is in shambles, and you have to change. ” – Jamie Lee Curtis addiction quotes
“Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” – Carl Bard addiction quotes
“If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb
“Recovery is hard. Regret is harder.” – Brittany Burgunder addiction quotes
“If you can quit for a day, you can quit for a lifetime.” – Benjamin Alire Sáenz addiction quotes
Perfect Quotes for Drug Addiction Recovery
“Recovery is about progression, not perfection.” – Unknown
“Recovery didn’t open the gates of heaven and let me in. Recovery opened the gates of hell and let me out!” – Anonymous addiction quotes
“Your best days are ahead of you. The movie starts when the guy gets sober and puts his life back together; it doesn’t end there.” – Bucky Sinister addiction quotes
“I think that power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done.” – Robert Downey, Jr. addiction quotes
First-class Facilities & Amenities
World-class High-Quality Addiction & Mental Health Rehabilitation TreatmentRehab Centers Tour
Renowned Addiction Centers. Serene Private Facilities. Inpatient rehab programs vary.Addiction Helpline (855) 695-1160
Proven recovery success experience, backed by a Team w/ History of:
- 15+ Years Experience
- 100s of 5-Star Reviews
- 10K+ Recovery Successes
- Low Patient to Therapist Ratio
- Onsite Medical Detox Center
- Comprehensive Dual-Diagnosis Treatment
- Complimentary Family & Alumni Programs
- Coaching, Recovery & Personal Development Events
More Drug Addiction Quotes.
Top 5 Inspirational Quotes for Drug Addicts.
Sometimes, the right quotes about addiction can supply us with the strength and inspiration we desperately need. And let’s be honest, strength and inspiration are two essential ingredients for anyone considering sobriety. Find inspirational addiction recovery quotes below.
- “You can’t change the past but can change the future. Recovery is a daily choice to be better than yesterday.” – Unknown
- “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Nelson Mandela
- “Sobriety is a journey, not a destination. Embrace the process, and enjoy the progress.” – Unknown
- “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” – Steve Jobs addiction quotes
- “Healing doesn’t mean the damage never existed. It means the damage no longer controls your life.” – Unknown
Top 5 Hopeful Quotes about Addiction Recovery
We tend to fall back into our old (unhealthy) patterns when things get tough. We desperately need support and encouragement to overcome an addiction, which takes a lot of hard work and personal dedication. That’s where quotes about addiction recovery can uplift us all. We hope you enjoy the below addiction recovery quotes.
- “Recovery is not a one-time event; it’s a journey that requires commitment and support.” – Unknown
- “When you stop chasing the wrong things, you give the right things a chance to catch you.” – Lolly Daskal addiction quotes
- “Every single day is a new opportunity to rebuild your life and start again.” – Unknown
- “Recovery is not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength and resilience.” – Unknown
- “It’s never too late to recover, to make amends, and to start anew.” – Unknown
When we read powerful and inspiring drug addiction recovery quotes, they make sense to us. The words resonate with us internally and positively impact us; they push us to become our best selves.
Top 5 Addiction Recovery Quotes
If you’re sick and tired of being sick and tired and contemplating sobriety, look at the five inspirational drug addiction recovery quotes below. They might just inspire you to take the first step toward the rest of your life.
- “Every small step in the right direction is a step closer to recovery.” – Unknown
- “Recovery is not for people who need it. It’s for people who want it.” – Unknown
- “Recovery is not just about getting sober. It’s about healing the mind, body, and soul, and reclaiming your life.” – Unknown
- “Recovery is a process of healing- mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.” – Unknown
- “It’s never too late to make a change and start living the life you deserve.” – Unknown
Top 5 Addiction Recovery Quotes to Celebrate Recovery
Regardless of the situation, remind yourself, “I have a choice.”
- “Recovery is not a race. You don’t have to feel guilty if it takes you longer than you thought.” – Anonymous
- “Progress, not perfection.” – Anonymous
- “You are not your addiction. You are the person who is leaving it behind.” – Anonymous
- “Recovery is an ongoing process, and relapse is just a bump in the road. The important thing is to keep moving forward.” – Anonymous
- “Recovery is hard. Regret is harder.” – Brittany Burgunder addiction quotes
Celebrate Your Addiction Recovery Quotes with the Sobriety Calculator
Sobriety Date Calculator
Sobriety is a choice. Ultimately, it’s up to us – and us alone – to come out of denial and make the first step towards recovery. Likewise, we can determine the outcome when faced with an unexpected setback or a strong urge to use. Effective addiction treatment can help us identify and overcome triggers and make responsible decisions.
Top 5 Quotes About Addiction Recovery Triumph
Addiction makes a person feel hopeless and trapped. It controls us and makes us forget who we used to be. But the path of recovery is a step toward gaining control of your life again. You no longer have to be a slave to the disease. And with sobriety, it is possible to regain that sense of freedom you felt you lost so long ago. Find hope and inspiration in recovery quotes addiction and mental health conquest.
- “Recovery is a journey, not a destination.” – Anonymous
- “The only way out is through.” – Robert Frost addiction quotes
- “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” – C.S. Lewis addiction quotes
- “Recovery is an acceptance that your life is in shambles and you have to change it.” – Jamie Lee Curtis
- “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Nelson Mandela
“It won’t be like this forever.”
World-class, Accredited, 5-Star Reviewed, Effective Addiction & Mental Health Programs. Complete Behavioral Health Inpatient Rehab, Detox plus Co-occuring Disorders Therapy.CALL (855) 695-1160
End the Addiction Pain. End the Emotional Rollercoaster. Get Your Life Back. Start Drug, Alcohol & Dual Diagnosis Mental Health Treatment Now. Get Free No-obligation Guidance by Substance Abuse Specialists Who Understand Addiction & Mental Health Recovery & Know How to Help.
Top 3 Quotes Addiction Recovery
“When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top.”
- “Recovery is not a one-time event, it’s a lifelong journey.” – Anonymous
- “Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.” – J.K. Rowling
- “The opposite of addiction is not sobriety, it’s connection.” – Johann Hari
Nobody ever said getting clean was easy, and it takes discipline to maintain it long-term. And while the uphill climb may seem impossible at first, the result is one of the most rewarding accomplishments you’ll ever experience. The reward is regaining your life and reaching your true potential, making the hard work at the beginning worth it.
Top 5 Celebrity Quotes on Addiction Recovery
A lot of us think there’s no way we’ll ever be able to give up drugs or alcohol, but we underestimate the strength within ourselves. Sure, the easier route may be to give up and return to our old ways, but we can fully beat this disease once and for all. All it takes is focus, determination, and hard work. We hope you enjoy the below quotes on addiction healing accomplishment.
Here are 5 celebrity quotes on addiction recovery:
- “I lived a good life, and though not a religious man, I always stuck to my own personal code of ethics and ethos and always stuck to my shoreline and true North. I didn’t need the movies, the parties, the lifestyle, the fame, or the money…I needed the quiet of the outdoors, the sun, the birds, the trees, and the peace that came with that.” – Zac Efron
- “I used alcohol as a way to numb my pain, but the problem with numbness is that it can also dull your joy.” – Demi Lovato
- “I have a lot of friends and family who have been affected by addiction and behavioral health issues. I think it’s time for us as a society to acknowledge it as a disease and not a moral failing.” – Chris Herren
- “I did everything drugs could do to me. It’s a miracle I’m alive.” – Steven Tyler
- “Addiction is a disease, and like any illness, it requires lifelong treatment and management.” – Russell Brand
Famous Recovering Addict Quotes
Here are 5 famous quotes from recovering addicts:
- “The only way to get through life is to embrace the changes and ride them out.” – Nikki Sixx
- “The disease of alcoholism and addiction is a family disease, and we need to become better educated as to what that means.” – Jamie Lee Curtis
- “I used drugs to feel better but never really felt better. I just felt different, and that difference was sometimes enough to distract me from my problems.” – Anthony Kiedis
- “Addiction is a choice. But nobody chooses to become an addict.” – Matthew Perry
- “Sobriety doesn’t open the gates of heaven and let you in; sobriety opens the gates of hell and lets you out.” – Anonymous
Happy Inspirational Quotes for Addicts
“You are stronger than you think.”
Many of us suffer from low self-esteem, which, in turn, perpetuates the cycle of addiction. But struggling with an addiction doesn’t mean we’re incapable, weak, or unworthy. And it certainly doesn’t mean we can’t change our lives and move past the disease holding us back. We are all worthy of happiness and living our lives to the fullest. Embrace your worth as a human being, and never settle for anything less than the healthy, happy, and sober life you deserve.
Here are 5 happy and inspirational quotes for addicts:
- “The road to recovery may not be easy, but every step is worth it.” – Anonymous
- “Sobriety is the greatest gift you can give yourself.” – Anonymous
- “The true joy in life is the journey, not the destination.” – Anonymous
- “When you stop chasing the wrong things, you allow the right things to catch up to you.” – Lolly Daskal
- “You don’t have to see the whole staircase. Just take the first step.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
“You’re worth it.”
Tough Love Loving a Drug Addict Quotes
Although your past behaviors shape who you are, it does not define who you will be. This is determined by your actions and behavior, not your past addiction. What you did in the past does not decide who you will be in the future.
We know recovering from drug addiction can be challenging at We Level Up inpatient drug rehab. As the year ends, it can be challenging to stay sober. However, these 101 drug addiction quotes for recovering addicts may be able to help. Read them aloud or put them somewhere where you will see them frequently. These inspirational drug addiction recovery quotes can significantly impact your path to recovery.
Loving an Addict Quotes
“Sometimes the most loving thing we can do is say no.”
“Tough love may seem harsh, but it’s necessary to protect both the addict and the people who love them.”
“Loving an addict means setting boundaries and sticking to them, even when difficult.”
“Addiction is a disease, and tough love is sometimes the only way to motivate someone to seek help.”
Top 5 Drug Addict Parents’ Quotes
- “Growing up with addicted parents is like navigating through a storm without a compass.”
- “Sometimes the strongest children come from the weakest parents.”
- “Addiction is a family disease, affecting the children most of all.”
- “Children of addicted parents often grow up too fast and carry burdens they shouldn’t bear.”
- “Living with addicts can be like living in a warzone, with constant chaos and unpredictability.”
Top 5 Drug-Addicted Parents’ Quotes
- “Addiction doesn’t just affect the individual. It tears families apart too.”
- “Growing up with a drug-addicted parent is like living in a never-ending nightmare.”
- “Addiction is a disease, but it’s not an excuse for the damage it causes to families.”
- “The children of drug-addicted parents often feel like they have to become the caretakers for their own parents.”
- “Being raised by an addict is like learning to fly with a broken wing.”
Experience Transformative Recovery at the We Level Up Treatment Center.
See our authentic success stories. Get inspired. Get the help you deserve.
Start a New Life
Begin with a free call to an addiction & behavioral health treatment advisor. Learn more about our dual-diagnosis programs. The We Level Up treatment center network delivers recovery programs that vary by each treatment facility. Call to learn more.
- Personalized Care
- Caring Accountable Staff
- World-class Amenities
- Licensed & Accredited
- Renowned w/ 100s 5-Star Reviews
We’ll Call You
Sobriety Rules! Having Sober Fun Video
Tommy getting his groove on!!
Scene: Tommy stands before his work desk, nodding to the music playing in the background. Tommy says, “Sobriety rules! Today, I’m having so much fun without drugs or alcohol.”
“I used to think I needed drugs or alcohol to have a good time. But I was wrong. Now that I’m sober, I can enjoy music and dancing without feeling like I need substances to give me energy or confidence.”
Search We Level Up CA Best 101 Alcohol & Drug Addiction Quotes of All Time Resources
1 National Institute of Mental Health – ‘Depression’ (www.nimh.nih.gov)
 U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) (www.fda.gov/)
 NIMH – https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/social-anxiety-disorder-more-than-just-shyness
 ‘Anxiety Disorders’ – National Institute Of Mental Health (Nimh.nih.gov)