Alcohol recovery quotes can give you the strength to persevere through the darkest stages of alcoholism. While attending meetings, going to individual and group therapy, and enrolling in an inpatient recovery facility are useful steps for getting sober, maintaining motivation is the most important part of your recovery journey. It’s all about the mindset. Get inspired by these alcohol recovery quotes.
Alcohol recovery quotes: Quotes About Overcoming Addiction
Overcoming the power of addiction is no easy achievement. Every day can be a struggle against inner turmoil and outside pressures exerting influence on you. Sometimes, it helps to hear motivational quotes about willpower and finding the strength to overcome any challenge, no matter how great.
1. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
2. “I avoid looking forward or backward, and try to keep looking upward.” – Charlotte Brontë
3. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’” – Muhammad Ali
4. “Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
5. “Every worthy act is difficult. Ascent is always difficult. Descent is easy and often slippery.” – Mahatma Gandhi
6. “It is by going down into the abyss that we recover the treasures of life. Where you stumble, there lies your treasure.” – Joseph Campbell
7. “The great thing in this world is not so much where you stand, as in what direction you are moving.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
8. “I’ve been absolutely terrified every moment of my life – and I’ve never let it keep me from doing a single thing I wanted to do.” – Georgia O’Keeffe
9. “If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome.” – Michael Jordan
Alcohol recovery quotes: Quotes for Daily Sobriety Motivation
The daily battle for sobriety is an all too familiar struggle for many recovering addicts. Even for those years into their sobriety, the threat of relapse remains a lurking presence in their day-to-day lives. If you ever feel this way, know that there are plenty of people who are dealing with the same struggle and that each day of sobriety is another victory.
10. “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Neither does bathing. That’s why we recommend it daily.” – Zig Ziglar
11. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
12. “Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It’s perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we’ve learned something from yesterday.” – John Wayne
13. “If you can quit for a day, you can quit for a lifetime.” – Benjamin Alire Sáenz
14. “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” – Japanese proverb
15. “Either you run the day, or the day runs you.” – Jim Rohn
16. “Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.” – Babe Ruth
17. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
18. “When you arise in the morning think of what a privilege it is to be alive, to think, to enjoy, to love …” ―Marcus Aurelius
Alcohol recovery quotes: Celebrity Quotes About Recovery
Oftentimes, celebrities in our culture are held to unfairly high standards when it comes to what is deemed acceptable by the public. The constant living in the spotlight for these stars can exacerbate stress and feelings of insecurity, which are just a couple of common triggers for many addicts. Today, there are many celebrities choosing to publicly talk about their sobriety in order to generate awareness and support for those facing similar struggles.
19. “Sometimes you can only find Heaven by slowly backing away from Hell.” – Carrie Fisher
20. “It is 10 years since I used drugs or alcohol and my life has improved immeasurably. I have a job, a house, a cat, good friendships, and, generally, a bright outlook… The price of this is constant vigilance because the disease of addiction is not rational.” – Russell Brand
21. “Getting sober was one of the three pivotal events in my life, along with becoming an actor and having a child. Of the three, finding my sobriety was the hardest.” – Robert Downey Jr.
22. “I understood, through rehab, things about creating characters. I understood that creating whole people means knowing where we come from, how we can make a mistake and how we overcome things to make ourselves stronger.” – Samuel L. Jackson
23. “Once I was clear-headed, and I hadn’t been clear-headed in so long, I was like, I can never go back. And I’m still thankful.” – Travis Barker
24. “I got sober. I stopped killing myself with alcohol. I began to think: ‘Wait a minute – if I can stop doing this, what are the possibilities?’ And slowly it dawned on me that it was maybe worth the risk.” ― Craig Ferguson
25. “I realized that I only had two choices: I was either going to die or I was going to live, and which one did I want to do? And then I said those words, ‘I’ll get help,’ or, ‘I need help. I’ll get help.’ And my life turned around. Ridiculous for a human being to take 16 years to say, ‘I need help.’” – Sir Elton John
26. “My recovery from drug addiction is the single greatest accomplishment of my life… but it takes work — hard, painful work — but the help is there, in every town and career, drug/drink freed members of society, from every single walk and talk of life to help and guide.” – Jamie Lee Curtis
27. ‘If it wasn’t for that rehab center, I probably wouldn’t have been here. In terms of recovery, it has been very important for me to be a part of a recovery community, to actively be around my people because they understand me. They get it.” – Macklemore
Alcohol recovery quotes: Quotes About Self Love
Self-love is one of the most important steps for recovering addicts to achieve because it is oftentimes one of the root causes of addiction. Self-love involves accepting your flaws as a human being, by letting go of internally held bias and allowing yourself to find happiness within, as opposed to through material means.
28. “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” – Carl Bard
29. “Everyone has inside of him a piece of good news. The good news is that you don’t know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is!” – Anne Frank
30. “What progress, you ask, have I made? I have begun to be a friend to myself.” – Hecato
31. ‘Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower.’ – Shigenori Kameoka
32. “What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
33. “All the suffering, stress, and addiction comes from not realizing you already are what you are looking for. “– Jon Kabat-Zinn
34. People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within.” – Ramona L. Anderson
35. “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” – Alice Walker
36. “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wild
Alcohol recovery quotes: Quotes About Inner Strength During Recovery
It takes toughness to make it through the pain of drug and alcohol detox. Quitting cold turkey is not easy. One of the safest ways to rid toxins from one’s body is to enter a treatment center that is experienced with detoxification. However, as a recovering addict, you have to be ready to summon an inner reservoir of strength to successfully make it through the day.
37. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
38. “In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer. And that makes me happy. For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there’s something stronger — something better, pushing right back.” – Albert Camus
39. “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” – Helen Keller
40. “We may think there is willpower involved, but more likely … change is due to want power. Wanting the new addiction more than the old one. Wanting the new me in preference to the person I am now.” – George Sheehan
41. “Man never made any material as resilient as the human spirit.” – Bernard Williams
42. “You can come out of the furnace of trouble two ways: if you let it consume you, you come out a cinder; but there is a kind of metal which refuses to be consumed, and comes out a star.”– Jean Church
43. “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear.” – Rosa Parks
44. “Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.”– C.S. Lewis
45. “Sometimes we motivate ourselves by thinking of what we want to become. Sometimes we motivate ourselves by thinking about who we don’t ever want to be again.”– Shane Niemeyer
46. ‘When we meet real tragedy in life, we can react in two ways – either by losing hope and falling into self-destructive habits or by using the challenge to find our inner strength. Thanks to the teachings of Buddha, I have been able to take this second way.’ – Dalai Lama
47. ‘Cause sometimes you just feel tired. Feel weak, and when you feel weak, you feel like you wanna just give up. But you gotta search within you. You gotta find that inner strength. And just pull it out of you, and get that motivation to not give up, and not be a quitter, no matter how bad you wanna just fall flat on your face.’ – Eminem
48. Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and, above all, confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for
something and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained.’ – Marie Curie
49. ‘Life has many ways of testing a person’s will, either by having nothing happen at all or by having everything happen all at once.’ – Paulo Coelho
50. “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” – Dr. Seuss
Reclaim Your Life From Alcoholism
Alcohol recovery quotes can give you the strength to persevere through the darkest stages of alcoholism, but We Level Up California can provide to you, or someone you love, treatment for alcoholism with professional and safe care. Feel free to call us to speak with one of our counselors. We can inform you about this condition by giving you relevant information. Our specialists know what you are going through. Please know that each call is private and confidential.